for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 ½ tablespoons taco seasoning, or 1 package
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 10 oz tomato, diced, 1 can
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, yellow onions, and taco seasoning. Cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks.
- Stir in tomato paste and diced tomatoes, then stir.
- Add spaghetti and water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, Roma tomato, and cilantro. Mix until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with additional tomato and cilantro, if desired.