!-- END THEIA POST SLIDER -->
“These decadent cookies will melt in your mouth! Also good made into a bar with cream cheese frosting!”
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Beat shortening, 1 cup white sugar, and light brown sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in pumpkin puree; beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, cream of tartar, salt, and nutmeg together in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until dough is just-combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and allspice together in a small bowl. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Slightly flatten each ball with a flat-bottomed glass.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and set, 12 to 13 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse our website for more Recipes and Check out our Facebook page to share them with your loved ones.